Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy New Year


Happy New year everyone.
I started off this year really bad but hope everybody else had a good start. I was sick for more than a week, and I couldn't eat anything in the beginning. I've never been sick for such a long time. I just hope this means there's one less bad thing I have to go through this year. I finally feel like I'm fully recovered, and to celebrate that, I cleaned up my room and tried to draw. My cintiq has been functioning as a simple monitor most of the time, and I'm trying to change that. the painting above is some random character I drew, and I tried using the oil brushes in corel painter for the first time. I'm very new to this software, and up until now, I thought no other softwares could top photoshop when it comes to painting, but that's about to change. I love how it makes me feel like I'm actually using the traditional medium and I don't have to worry about getting my hands dirty. even though there's a lot for me to explore with this software, I think I'm going to be using this very often from now on. It just makes painting so much easier and faster. and I hope this means that I'll be updating my blog more often. There's so many softwares I want to master. 2010 will be a very important year for me and I better well spend it.

2 comments:

  1. Sun Joon sorry to hear about you getting sick , Well it's old news now and you are a lot better. Love your character. I also don't know painter yet, but it's on my list of things to learn too. As long as we stick to our new years resolution, we'll do better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this colors in this looks really really cool. Good job!

    ReplyDelete